The Guelph Farmers’ Market has been temporarily relocated to the City Hall lobby and Wilson Street parking lot.
GUELPH, ON, December 7, 2010 – The Guelph Farmers’ Market building at the corner of Gordon Street and Waterloo Avenue is now closed until repairs to its roof are complete.
Public safety continues to be of paramount importance to the City of Guelph. Based on a recent structural assessment of the building, the City of Guelph—which owns the farmers’ market facility—is of the opinion there is sufficient engineering evidence and professional advice to warrant closing the building in the interest of public safety.
Arts and craft vendors will be invited to relocate to the lobby of City Hall, and produce vendors will relocate to the Wilson Street parking lot. Unfortunately, vendors who require hot and cold water for the operation of their booth cannot be accommodated at either location. The City will be meeting with these vendors as soon as possible.
The Guelph Farmers’ Market will be open and operating at these two locations every Saturday until repairs to the market building’s roof are complete. Free two-hour parking will be maintained in the Wilson Street lot.
The City is in the process of contacting each market vendor to inform them of the new location and provide details about the transition.
Repairs to the market building’s roof are expected to take eight to ten weeks.
The City of Guelph encourages the community to continue to support farmers’ market vendors during this time of transition.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Operations and Transit
T 519-822-1260 x 2018